What You Need To Know About Super Lice in Southern California
We get it, parenting is no breeze. From shuttling kids, to cooking dinners, there’s hardly enough time to squeeze it all in. The last thing you need to deal with is your kid getting lice. And worse, parents in California and all other states are dealing with “Super Lice”- strains that have become resistant to OTC treatments.
Here are six things you need to know about dealing with Super Lice:
- The key differentiator between Super Lice and other lice strains is that they’re resistant to Pyrethroid medications (over the counter treatments such as shampoos).
- Super Lice is effecting families in all corners of California and at least 47 other states.
- Lice do no hop, jump, or fly. They only crawl. It’s important to avoid close contact with infested people – no selfies and definitely no sharing of clothing, hats or hair accessories.
- The best way to confirm whether you have head lice is to come into Lice Clinics of America Los Alamitos or Lice Clinics of America South Bay (Torrance) and get a head screen. If you see any indications of lice, have itchiness or a moving feeling in your hair, let us help.
- The most successful treatment for Super Lice is our safe, fast, and effective AirAlle Treatment, which dehydrates the lice and eggs with heated air (usually one treatment of one hour).
- Lice Clinics of Los Alamitos and Lice Clinics of America South Bay both guarantee total removal of Super Lice in just one visit. Most “nitpickers” do not guarantee that Super Lice will be removed in one treatment using the old methods of nit picking and combing.
- Our clinics also provide a lice-free guarantee. As long as you have met the conditions of our guarantee (screening or treating all immediate family members) if the person we treated gets lice for any reason at all within 30 days of being treated, we will re-treat the person for free.
If you think you or your child might have lice, don’t worry. Call us to set up an appointment at our urgent lice care clinics. As long as each individual in the household in screened, our full service treatment is 100% guaranteed with our industry leading 30 day lice free guarantee – and you can get back to your normal, lice-free routine.